If you’re in High Point, come find out what’s working for other retailers during this “economic downturn” tomorrow at 2:30 pm in the 12th floor resource center.
There are actually six things- no, seven things your family business can do in a recession. The first is to understand that there are two types of shoppers, transactional shoppers and relational shoppers. Yesterday I explained to traits for transactional shoppers. Today let’s talk about the relational consumer.
- Relational customers consider today’s transaction to be one in a long series of many future purchases. They are looking less for a product than for a store in which to buy it.
- Their only fear is of making a poor choice. Relational shoppers will purchase as soon as they have confidence. Will your store and your staff give them the confidence they seek?
- They don’t enjoy the process of shopping and negotiating.
- Relational shoppers are looking principally for an expert they can trust.
- They consider their time to be part of the purchase price.
- Confident that they have found “the right place to buy,” relational shoppers are very likely to become repeat customers.
Sound familiar? If so, you are most likely a relational advertiser!
Stop by the seminar or give me a call if you’re wondering what your next promotion should be. We can tell your story better than anyone else.